Insegnamenti a.a. 2016/2017
Laureato in Economia e commercio presso l'Università Bocconi. PhD in Economics presso l'Università di Yale.
Professore ordinario di Economia Applicata. Presidente di ICRIOS. Editor del Journal Industrial and Corporate Change. Advisory Editor di Research Policy. Associate Editor del Journal of Evolutionary Economics. Vincitore dello Schumpeter Prize nel 2012. E' stato Presidente della International Schumpeter Society e della European Association for Research in Industrial Economics (EARIE). E’ stato membro dell’Advisory Board del Max Planck Institute of Economics, Jena; dello SPRU- Università del Sussex; del CRIC- Università di Manchester, e di EU High-Level Panels for “New Innovation Indicators for Europe” and for “A New European Innovation Policy. E’ stato visiting scholar a Economics Department, CEPR and SIEPR della Stanford University, Max Plank Institute-Jena, University Louis Pasteur-Strasbourg, University of Queensland e University of Stellenbosch.
Aree di interesse scientifico
Innovazione e progresso tecnologico. Dinamica industriale ed evoluzione settoriale. Imprenditorialità. Economia e organizzazione industriale. Sviluppo economico e catch-up. Politiche industriali, scientifiche e tecnologiche.
- Toward a theory of catch-up cycles: Windows of opportunity in the evolution of sectoral systems (with K.Lee) forthcoming Research Policy
- Innovation and Industry Evolution: History-friendly Models (with R. Nelson, L. Orsenigo, S. Winter) Cambridge University Press, 2016
- User-industry spinouts: donwnstream user knowledge as a source of new firm entry and survival Organization Science (with P.Adams and R.Fontana), 2016
- The legacy of Steven Klepper: industry evolution, entrepreneurship and geography (with R.Agarwal, G.Buenstorf, W.Cohen) Industrial and Corporate Change, 2015
- The evolution of the pharmaceutical industry (with L.Orsenigo) Business History, 2015
- Dynamics of Knowledge Intensive Entrepreneurship. Business strategy and public policy (ed.with Y. Caloghirou, M. McKelvey, S. Radosevic) Routledge, 2015
- The magnitude of innovation by users in a sectoral system: the case of semiconductors (with P.Adams and R.Fontana) Research Policy 2013
- Are switching costs always effective in creating first mover advantages? (with G. Capone and L.Orsenigo) Long Range Planning 2013
- Economic Development as a learning process. Variations across sectoral systems (ed. with R. Nelson) Elgar, 2012
- Learning and catching up in different sectoral systems: evidence from six industries (with R.Nelson) Industrial and Corporate Change 2011
- “Knowledge Intensive Entrepreneurship and Innovation Systems: Evidence from Europe” (ed.) Routledge Abington UK 2010
- Demand, Innovation and Industrial Dynamics (with S. Klepper) Industrial and Corporate Change 2010
- “Sectoral systems of innovation and production in developing countries” (ed. with S.Mani) Edward Elgar 2009
- “Public policies and changing boundaries of firms in a “history-friendly” model of the coevolution of the computer and semiconductor industry” (with R.Nelson, L.Orsenigo and S.Winter) Journal of Economic Behaviour and Organization 2008
- “Schumpeterian Patterns of Innovative Activity in the ICT Field" (with N.Corrocher and F. Montobbio) Research Policy 2007
- “Innovation and the dynamics and evolution of industries: progress and challenges” International Journal of Industrial Organization 2007
- Perspectives on innovation” (ed. with S.Brusoni) Cambridge University Press 2007